Wednesday, December 12, 2012

FOUR WEEKS


Journal Dec. 6 2013
I went to see Dr. Egbert today. His face was priceless when I told him that Dr. Knoles had told me I could get my braces off in two more appointments. 
There was a kid there, Mike and I guessed he was about 16. He had his wisdom teeth extracted and was saying how bad it was, haha. Then he asked me if that was why I was there. Nope. I got jaw surgery. He said he could tell now. Then he mimicked my speaking through my teeth while squishing he cheeks together. Thanks kid. 

There was another lady there, "butter knife lady" DR. E. has  told me about her because she ate with a butter knife after surgery because her mouth wouldn't open wide enough for anything else. Anyway, she showed me pictures of herself after surgery, and we sat there comparing pictures. She is starting on week five now and is still numb. She looks really good though, and is only wearing her bands 4 hours a day and then at night. I wonder if that's what I'll get to do at week 5.. I hope so! I get so hungry. I'm sure that that is contributing to my lack of energy since surgery. I'm almost 4 weeks post op. The time has flown by. I feel like at 4 weeks I should feel a lot better than I do, but then I remember how big the surgery was, and realize my body is healing really well for it only being 4 weeks. Everyone else I hear about is just as tired as I am at this week. I just am afraid Mike thinks I am being lazy. I am, but it's because I can't help it! haha. Breclyn took me to see Dr. knoles yesterday, and then we went to the craft store. It was a lot of fun, but I got really sore towards the end, and was totally worn out by the time we got home. Unfortunately, even with Tylenol PM. I still can't sleep. I have been falling asleep between 4 and 5 every night. From what I've heard though, I'm not the only one. So that's reassuring. I guess.

Shopping last week.
...*...
This was my Journal entry last week. I had to copy it over here, because guess what? I'm 4 weeks post op now, and It is wonderful!
No more wondering what 4 weeks will be like.

At my appointment yesterday, he gave me the ok to sleep on my side, my stomach, how ever I like to sleep, I can! No more sitting up :)

I now take my bands off FOUR times a day for TWO hours each time! I wanted to throw a party right there in his office!!

He showed me a little exercise to do, to get my mouth to open wider. By Monday, I should be able to open it wide enough for my thumb to fit in sideways! Move over 2 year old. There's a new thumb sucker in da house!

Next week I will be wearing my bands even less than I am right now!

And on Christmas day, I'm in the clear to eat whatever I can! No more not being "allowed" to eat anything. If it doesn't hurt (but it will) I can eat whatever I want! I know I won't be able to bite into an apple, but it's nice to know that if I wanted to, I could. Lol.

I'm still recovering, and still swollen. I'm still numb and I'm still taking pain meds. But I can't believe how great things are :)

Oh happy day.

Hang in there guys, It get's a lot better!

Also! Did you see the date?
I'm a little behind jumping on the bandwagon, But hey! It's got to be 12:12 on 12/12/'12 somewhere in the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment